Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hurry up and wait.

Most of the time, I've got a steady flow of systems in for repair.

Its not unusual to have 8 or more going at once.

So when a client dictates to me when they want their system fixed, it tends to get up my nose.

I explain that I attend jobs on a first come, first served basis.

I dont think its fair to place someone elses job behind their own.

It doesnt stop them from ringing early the next morning after dropping it off the night before.

Or ringing 3 times a day to prompt me into working faster. Fuck em.

Generally my policy is, the more you call the further down the priority list it goes.

Logically, some clients are prioritised.

Businesses who require systems asap, return clients with good service records and manners etc.

Seems fair to me.

No comments: