Friday, February 1, 2013

Deus Ex Machina

Whilst in Sydney the other week, we passed the Deus Ex Machina workshop & cafe.

I made a mental note to drop in on our return, and mentioned to my lady that we should go to "Deus Ex".

She thought I was saying something rude, and I had to explain the name to her.

Deus Ex Machina is a combination of modified motorcycles, retro clothing and artistic display.

Sort of like motorcycling for hipsters.

The old school cafe racer and bobber style is all the rage here.

Single cylinder Yamaha 500's are the majority, 

but there is everything from Harley Sportsters to Triumph Scramblers.



















We finished out tour of the workshop and store, then moved to the cafe.

The coffee is excellent, and many unusual artworks decorate the walls.

It seems to be a pretty trendy place, with all sorts of interesting clientele.

If I can have a cuppa and look at motorcycles, I'm a happy man.

Not as happy as some of the staff though. The majority were very happy.

My wife had to point that out to me. I'm a bit slow sometimes.







No comments: