Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Mount Seaview to The Cells River

So after a big night, the crew got ready for The Cells.

Some of us were a bit dusty, but still keen.

Shane was to lead us in, and I was to provide backup with the GPS.



Here's Shane looking all spiffy after his relaxing night in the Resort Spa.



The boys line up



Tobins River



A bit of a wheelie from Ray



Ralfes Trail leads us into the Cells



Julian has an argument with the embankment



I'd hate to run into that on a greasy corner



The boys decided to test themselves on this little single trail



With various results



Shane turns it around



Quinney just props



Julian at speed



Blue Mountain Creek Trail



The start of the Cells



A steep greasy trail down



Plenty of creeks down here



And logs



Here comes Phil



Shane and Phil do recon



The Cells Hilton



The big greasy red hill



It stopped everyone



For over an hour we attempted to get all bikes up



Again and again



Some ventured into the bush



Others just watched and laughed



The 426 gave us some trouble



We met these blokes at the top of the range



Energy running low by this stage



It was cold and wet. My DR650 flattened the battery


After getting around that last deadfall tree, I could not start my bike on the button.

Ray and I sawed through the tree so I could get a rollstart.

Then it was follow the GPS out to the Oxly Highway.

We made it back to seaview with no incident, then I packed up and rode home.

It was a great weekend. Happy Birthday Pete.

Lets do it again next year.

No comments: