Saturday, December 3, 2016

Wattle Flat Ride - Northern Rivers ADV Riders

Dave Ramsey of the Northern Rivers Adventure Riders invited me to the Wattle Flat ride again.

Last year was a great turnout and I got to meet plenty of cool people.

I left late in the afternoon and rolled up to Wattle Flat at about 10.30PM.

I wanted to get a quiet camp before all the raucous motorcycles turned up.













I had a decent sleep and commenced preparing for the nights festivities.

A couple of decent sized logs were snigged out by the old DR650.

It was certainly hot enough for a splash in the Styx and very nice it was.






A few bikes started rolling in, along with the 4WD Club from Coffs Harbour.

Craig Wilson carries the majority of tucker and booze, leaving the bikes a lot lighter.

Its a great system and keeps everyone happy. Thanks Craig.






Marty does some marketing for www.vincestrangmotorcycles.com.au



Kim needed fuel, so we rode into Ebor and caught the Petrol Station just in time.

Then a cold beer at the Ebor Falls Hotel. 

Thanks for the beer Kim.







After a quick scratch down the Armidale - Kempsey Road we lit the fires and opened a bottle or two.





I slept in somewhat and was happy I did. 

It helped me miss the majority of the dust heading down Georges Trail.

40 or more bikes will raise a bit.




Georges Trail is a steep drop from the Armidale Plateau down to Lower Creek.



These blokes were pumping the water out of a drowned KTM.





Old Forestry Huts at Bottumburra.

















1 comment:

Pete Taylor said...

Some great shots there Ian, like the Comara shots. Good to see that area again (I've missed for a few months). Wattle Flat is real pearl of a stop. Hard to beat it when its quiet. Seeing your Ebor shots I remember years ago someone told me Ebor would't tolerate a police officer in town, which is the only town I've ever heard of like that.